9/14 Fuel Farm Operator - Pipeline Technician (Chicago O'Hare)
COMPANY: Aircraft Service International Group
Responsible for checking hydrant valves for proper operation, maintaining the hydrant pits free from debris, product and water during inclement weather. Will perform light maintenance, effecting repairs to diverse components of the hydrant pits and valves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Repairs leaks, replacing placards/identification plates, etc.
• Daily checks will be performed using the ATA 103.01A form at the start of each day on every hydrant valve. As well, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual checks will be carried out in the ATA 103 format.
• Will maintain proper paperwork/records.
• May be required to assist the Maintenance Technician .
• May perform drain low and high points on the main distribution system and hydrant system lines.
• Will maintain fuel vaults free from water and clean fuel vault environment.
• Housekeeping and operation of the hydrant system which includes hydrant valves, pits, lids, low and high points and other related items.
• Is able to meet the Station's attendance standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) from two-year College; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possess/maintain a valid State driver's license and other FAA/Airport required identification/seals or authoritions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally above the head.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. Must be able to consistently lift 50 pounds or more. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Employment Type: Full-Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
compensation: $11.50/hour plus benefits and paid training!