CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning residents about a rash of recent armed robberies on the South Side, four of which happened in the same block.
In each incident, an armed robber demanded cash and valuables from a victim, according to an alert from Chicago police.
The robberies happened:
- between 3:50 a.m. and 4 a.m. Sept. 5 in the 9500 block of South Michigan;
- about 4:35 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 300 block of East 95th Street;
- about 11 a.m. Sept. 13 in the first block of West 95th Street;
- about 6 a.m. Sept. 14 in the 800 block of East 95th Street;
- between 6:35 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 200 block of East 95th Street;
- about 11:30 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 300 block of East 95th Street;
- about 10:20 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 9500 block of South Yale;
- at 9:43 p.m. Oct. 6 in the first block of West 95th Street;
- at 4:44 p.m. Oct. 14 in the first block of West 95th Street; and
- about 8:40 p.m. Thursday in the first block of West 95th Street.
- The suspect is described as a black male, thought to be between the ages of 17 and 25, standing between 5-foot-6 and 6-feet and weighing between 135 pounds and 160 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information should call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.