The Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Group began an investigation after learning Oscar Pena, 22 was selling firearms and illegal narcotics.
During the investigation, undercover detectives collected three firearms, 15 grams of cocaine, and nearly 2,500 fentanyl laced pills.
Pena’s home was searched with a warrant on Friday. Detectives found nearly 5,500 fentanyl laced pills packaged for distribution, an additional firearm, and large quantity of ammunition was seized.
He was charged with several drug and gun related charges.
The individual charges are listed below:
- Armed Violence
- Gun running
- Possession of a defaced firearm
- Two Counts of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- Unlawful Possession of Ammunition by a Felon
- Unlawful Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Deliver
- Three Counts of Unlawful Possession of Fentanyl with Intent to Deliver
- Four Counts of Unlawful Possession of Fentanyl with Intent to Deliver
- Eight Counts of Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver
Evidence collected by Lake County Sheriff's detectives.
A Lake County judge ordered Pena to be held on $1.5 million bail. He remains held in the Lake County Jail.