The Laramar Group is built on three basic principles that set us apart:
Laramar is a national multi-family real estate firm with over $1billion of owned and managed assets. We have a strong track record of identifying unique investment opportunities and initiating disciplined, value-added strategies; and we are positioned for growth. Our people are the power behind our success. At The Laramar Group, every team member contributes toward building a better company, every day.
Laramar has a great opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at North Water Apartments, located at 340 E. North Upper Water St. in downtown Chicago, IL. Be part of a talented maintenance team that takes pride in serving our residents. Ideal candidates will have previous maintenance experience in the multi-family industry. HVAC certification is required along with superior customer service skills. Laramar offers competitive pay and benefits.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining efficient operation and upkeep of the property buildings and grounds. You will diagnose problems and make repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance. You will share on-call shifts with other team members.
Open Position: Maintenance Technician
To apply for this position, please respond to this ad with your resume and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completes all maintenance work orders with proper certification, including electrical, plumbing and air conditioning (HVAC).
• Completes necessary maintenance on each apartment for move-ins.
• Completes all work orders within 24 hours.
• Maintains all equipment to ensure safety and equipment upkeep.
• Maintains common areas for safety and appearance.
• Ensures resident satisfaction when working in an apartment.
• Maintains resident contact regarding maintenance problems in apartments.
• Performs apartment turnovers to company standards.
• When required, delivers or post notices to residents.
• Adheres to specific safety guidelines set by OSHA and attends monthly safety meetings.
• Maintains a positive customer relations attitude.
• Monitors and complies with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
• When required, carries emergency cell phone and responds to all emergency calls in a timely manner and if necessary, in person.
• Completes all other projects or requests as directed by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• HVAC license required
• CPO and EPA licenses are a plus
• 3-5 years of experience
• High school diploma required.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS FOR REGULAR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
Paid time off
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Life, disability insurance
401(k) Savings Plan
Laramar Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer