Twenty-four of those shooting victims, a large majority, were hurt on the South Side. The West Side saw six victims.
Four other shooting victims were wounded in Pilsen, West Town, the Near North Side and Lake View. Three men were shot and wounded early Sunday while walking near the Museum Campus on the lakefront.
The weekend was more violent and deadly than last weekend, when six people were killed and 27 other wounded.
- A man was killed in a mass shooting that wounded four other people Saturday afternoon in Gresham on the South Side. They were in the alley when at least one man started shooting from a car in the 8600 block of South Damen Avenue, Chicago police said. One of the victims, a 23-year-old Tishawn Holliday, later died. "They was trying to save him, but he was already in a body bag," neighbor Darlee Scott said.
- A man was shot to death Friday afternoon in Englewood on the South Side. Vaugh Sivels, 25, was outside in the 6800 block of South Justine Street when someone shot him in the head and torso around 5 p.m., Chicago police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
- Hours later, a passenger inside a car was fatally shot in East Pilsen on the Lower West Side. The man, 26, was a passenger in a car driving in the 400 block of West 18th Street about 11:05 p.m. when a black sedan pulled alongside them and someone inside opened fire, police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital and died to his injuries.
- A little over an hour later, a woman was shot and killed and while riding inside a car in East Garfield Park on the West Side. The woman, 37, was a passenger in a car in the first block of South Albany Avenue about 12:20 a.m. when someone outside shot into the car, striking her in the head and body, police said. She was taken to Stroger initially in critical condition, but died due to her injuries.
- A couple of hours later, a man was found shot to death inside a car in South Commons on the South Side. The man, 34, was found in the driver’s side of a car in the 2800 block of South Indiana Avenue about 2:30 a.m. with gunshot wounds to the torso, police said. He was taken to Stroger initially in critical condition, but later died due to his injuries.
- A man was killed and a woman critically wounded in a shooting early Sunday morning in Grand Boulevard. Just before 4 a.m., officers found the man and woman on the ground in the 4200 block of South State Street. The man, 23, suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead, police said. The woman, 32, was struck in the lower back and taken to the same hospital in critical condition.
- Sunday night, a person was shot to death in the West Lawn neighborhood. About 7:35 p.m., two females were arguing on the sidewalk in the 6400 block of South Kilbourn Avenue when a male suspect approached and fired shots, police said. One of the females was shot in the forehead and body, police said. She was taken to Christ Medical Center and pronounced dead.
At least 24 others were by gunfire in Chicago since 5 p.m. Friday evening.
Six people were shot and killed in Chicago last weekend that also saw 27 others wounded, including two young girls, ages 3 and 6.