Police: Man found dead in Kohl's bathroom in North Riverside
NORTH RIVERSIDE (SUN TIMES WIRE) - A man found dead in a Kohl’s department store bathroom in west suburban North Riverside on Wednesday night likely died of a drug overdose, according to police.
The 36-year-old was found unresponsive in a stall in the second-floor bathroom of the store in the 2200 block of Harlem Avenue about 8:45 p.m., according to North Riverside police.
Video surveillance showed the man entering the bathroom about 8:15 p.m., police said. Hypodermic needles and a small plastic bag containing a white powdery substance were found inside the man’s pants pocket, and the charred top of a soda can and a lighter were also found at the scene.
Police believe the death was a drug overdose, but the official cause of death is pending autopsy results from the Cook County medical examiner’s office. The man’s name was not released as of early Thursday afternoon.