Chef Judson Todd Allen, the "Architect of Flavor" joined us on FOX 32 News at Noon to share tips and secrets for preparing healthier, easy, flavorful, and comforting brunches!
Recipe: Mini Breakfast Pot Pie
A total mash-up of your traditional pot-pie and a remixed play on quiche, this dish brings together luscious eggs and feta with the saltiness of olives all baked in a decadent puff pastry.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (6 oz) chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup Mediterranean infused feta cheese
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon CHEF BLEND Hot Sauce (www.judsontoddallen.com)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- Preset oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cooked chicken, onions, peppers, and spinach.
- In a separate bowl, add (5) eggs, milk, thyme, hot sauce, salt and pepper and whisk. Add in cheeses. Combine egg mixture with chicken and veggies.
- Cut the puff pastry into (2) mini squares per mini ramekin dish. Grease mini ramekin dishes with olive oil and line the inside with puff pastry. Fill each dish with egg and chicken mixture. Top with the second mini puff pastry square. Make sure to press the outer edges of the pastry down.
- Brush the top of each mini pot-pie with remaining beaten egg (egg wash).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are cooked and the pastry is a golden brown.