Real Urban BBQ: Labor Day grilling ideas
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - The grilling season is coming to a close for some.
Jeff Shapiro, the owner and chef of the 'Real Urban Barbeque' joined us LIVE on GDC now with some ideas on how to spice up your labor day barbeque!
YIELD: Makes 6 Servings
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (packed) cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 6 8-ounce swordfish steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
Mix first 6 ingredients together and Pour marinade into 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Add swordfish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or let stand at room temperature 1 hour, turning fish twice.
Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Season with salt and pepper then Grill fish until cooked through, basting often with marinade, about 4 minutes per side.
YIELD: Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
Season pineapple with salt and pepper then place the pineapple on grill to achieve grill marks, once removed from grill cut into a small dice. Then add cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, bell peppers and honey in a nonreactive mixing bowl, can be chilled in refrigerator or used immediately.