South Loop parking garages targeted in series of car thefts
CHICAGO - Chicago police are warning people who use parking garages in the South Loop about a recent rash of stolen cars.
At least 10 cars have been broken into and stolen from downtown parking garages in October and November, according to a CPD community alert.
The suspects target unattended vehicles and break the driver or passenger-side windows and drive off in the stolen cars, police said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FOX 32 YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The thefts took place at the following times and locations:
- From 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the 800 block of South Wabash Avenue
- At 9 p.m. Oct. 25 in the 1100 block of South State Street
- From Oct. 27 - Nov. 5 in the first block of West Harrison Street
- From 7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Oct. 29 in the 700 block of South Wabash Avenue
- From Oct 29-30 in the 1100 block of South Wabash Avenue
- At 2:30 Nov. 12 in the 1000 block of South State Street
- At 10 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 1000 block of South State Street
- At 5:45 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 1100 block of South Michigan Avenue
- Between 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 700 block of South State Street
- At 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18 in the first block of East 11th Street
Anyone with information on the break-ins, is asked to call Area Three detectives at (312) 744-8263